Murrayville takes its name from the first settlers to the area, Paul and Lucy Murray and their three sons John, Billy and Alex. In 1875, the father and all three sons received Crown grants for 160 acre homesteads on each of the four corners of what is now the intersection of 48 Avenue and 216 Street. “Murray’s Corners” was renamed Murrayville 1911.



















